© Copyright 2005 United Utilities PLC
Copyright in this web site is owned by or licensed to United Utilities. Unless stated to the contrary, material in this web site is copyright to United Utilities. Reproduction is limited to the downloading to a local hard disk for your personal use. The content of the web site may not be copied or otherwise incorporated into or stored in any other web site, electronic retrieval system, publication or other work in any form without the prior written consent of United Utilities or in accordance with the Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988.
United Utilities is a group of companies which includes United Utilities PLC, United Utilities Water PLC, United Utilities Electricity PLC. We, United Utilities, will process any personal information you provide to this site and have the relevant registrations in the United Kingdom under the Data Protection Act 1998. We will comply with the provisions of this Act, including in relation to the security of any personal information which we ask you to provide to us. We endeavour to take all reasonable steps to protect your personal information. However we cannot guarantee the security of data you disclose online over the internet. You should note that this web site is not encrypted and could be intercepted by third parties or electronically delivered to parties other than the addressee.
You understand that we may use your personal details if you register as a user of the services provided by United Utilities or use the United Utilities web site generally for the puproses which we describe in this policy. The purpose of this statement is to set out how your personal information will be used by companies within United Utilities in you do so.
- When you use this site you may be asked to provide certain information such a your contact details, bank details, or other information relating to services you have with us. We will store this data and hold it on computers or otherwise. We will use this data to provide you with the services or information you have requested and for other purposes which we set out in this policy.
- Information (including information on the services we provide you such as electricity, water usage and telecommunications, and about any monies you owe us) that you provide or that is obtained by United Utilities or kept in its customer records, will be shared within United Utilities to help us understand your relationship across the whole of United Utilities, and to effectively administer your overall relationship with us. We will also use this information for assessment and analysis (e.g. market, customer and product analysis) to enable us to review, develop and improve the services which we offer and to understand and select products and services which we think, from the information we have about you, will interest you.
- We may also give information about you as follows:
- to employees and agents of the group to administer any accounts, products and services provided to your by the group now or in the future;
- to collection agencies, lawyers, and local authorities to help us trace and collect debts on your accounts;
- to anyone to whom we transfer or may transfer our rights and duties under our agreement with you;
- if we have a duty to do so or if the law allows us to do so;
- to the police and other law enforcement agencies investigating criminal offences if we are satisfied of the circumstances surrounding the request.